veggie rules

Friday, August 12, 2011

Say No To Meat - Book Review


This is an absolute first for me.  I love books and I have quite a few that I will suggest to friends that they should read….but this book "Say No To Meat" is one that I feel warrants a review - so here goes…


Title:               Say No To Meat
Authors:         Amanda Strombom & Stewart Rose
Published by:  Healthy Living Publications
My Rating:     *****

When I first received this book I thought it was going to be like a lot of others - a really strong, one eyed opinion on the horrors of the meat market, the animal rights and the health issues of modern day.
I was wrong.

This book is a refreshing, up-to-date look at what it is to be vegetarian today and an absolutely brilliant guide for those who are considering a vegetarian or vegan diet.

  • Yes, it does talk about animal rights.
  • Yes, it talks about the environmental impact of meat production
  • Yes, it does cover the health benefits of a vegetarian diet.

However, it doesn't belabor these issues, instead it presents them in a matter of fact way backed up with good scientific research that can't be disputed.

It also covers:
  • What you should eat
  • How to deal with family and friends
  • Eating in restaurants
  • How being vegetarian helps world hunger
along with other subjects and a good list of resources

"Say No to Meat" is not a recipe book (although there are some good basic recipes). It covers all the questions any vegetarian/vegan gets asked along with a good list of basic foods that anyone considering the change will need to have in the pantry.

This is an extremely easy book to read and has very valuable information for any situation.  It is a book I'm glad I have on my bookshelf for the times I get asked curly questions - and for those who seem to like to argue.

"Say No to Meat" is definitely a HIGHLY RECOMMENDED book that I feel should be on every vegetarian/vegan's bookshelf for easy reference.
A definite must for those wanting to explore vegetarianism further.

1 comment:

veggie rules