veggie rules

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Off To a Vegan Home

Joy oh joy I'm off tomorrow to spend nearly a month with my daughter and family in Northern California the added bonus is that it's a vegan home and she is such an excellent cook!!!  Not only that but there will be restaurant dinners in some of my favorite places - oh, the food will be heaven…the best part is I'm not going to be the one cooking (well, I might cook the odd meal).


Just let me guess, don't most of you love it when you don't have to think "what will we have for dinner tonight"??  I always find that's the hardest part.  The actual cooking is a breeze - it's the build up, which usually starts at the beginning of the day.  Of course, some are so well organized that they have the menus planned a week ahead, but even so, there's the meal planning to do at some point.

Getting back to my travel.  The suitcase is out on the spare bed…nothing in it yet - yikes, I'm leaving tomorrow and I still have to clean the house as well.  I'm not usually a procrastinator, but, for some reason, time has crept up on me rather quickly and there's still things I have to do…..where's the list?

Important thing first - write this blog!!!!  It may be the last one for awhile even though I'll be taking the trusted laptop with me - it's whether I get time what with playing with my grand-daughter, enjoying my daughter, shopping, visiting friends, going to art galleries and, of course, eating great food……at least I should have enough experiences to fill a few blogs when I get home.

And, for those who know I have an old cat - I have a good friend who will be cat-sitting and taking good care of him.

Really must start packing…….

5 comments:

  1. I love it when I am not the one who has to organize and cook the meal. You are the lucky one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew there were others out there like me!!! I'm sooooo looking forward to this trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how exciting...we live here in No. Cal. too...so many choices...let me know some of your favorites!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'Totally jealous!! Any room in that bag for one more???? Hope you have a great trip and look forward to catching up when you get back

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments posted....I've arrived stopping in San Rafael at Cafe Gratitude for lunch - awesome!!!! Even have one of their deserts for take-out to bring to the kids. Good sleep last night and total enjoying mode now.

    ReplyDelete

veggie rules