veggie rules

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Back To Normality!

What a grand holiday!!!  Do I really have to come back to normality?  Think I might just have to make every day a holiday :)

As stated in the last post - I've been away visiting my daughter and her family in Northern California and what a great time I had.  Don't worry, I'm not going to bore you with the fun I had with my grand-daughter who at 15 months is climbing on everything, learning to talk (also learning spanish and signing) and who kept me on my toes with a constant smile on my face - I love being a grandma...all the fun with no responsibility!!!

So, the food - where do I begin?  On arriving in San Francisco we stopped for lunch at my all time favorite place - Cafe Gratitude in San Rafael.  The first thing I noticed is that they now have warm food added to their menu, of course, I did stick with the raw food choices, but it was nice to see the alternative.

I've decided that if I was an Oprah Winfrey or a J.K. Rowling (author of Harry Potter in case you don't know) I'd have my own raw food chef - not every day but maybe 2 or 3 times a week!

When we went back to San Francisco for a few days at the end of my stay we went again to Cafe Gratitude this time to their place in the Mission district.  The choice of smoothie "I Am Grace" which is a coconut milk based one with almond butter and other goodies - was divine!
I can't remember the name of the dish I had, but took a photo with this blog in mind.

Now for other fabulous foodie places:
There was a delightful little cafe in Ferndale Lost Coast Cafe a vegetarian place that was surprising to find in such a small town and the cafe owner was brilliant and looked after us so well.  Cafe Brio in Arcata was another great spot that we ate in a few times - awesome baked goods and coffee.

Back in San Francisco and breakfast a couple of times at the delicious organic cafe The Embarcadero at Pier 3 (also known as The Plant Cafe and in other locations in SF).  Wonderful service bringing fresh fruit for my grand daughter while we waited for the meal - of course she charmed the waiter with her winning smile :)
A fabulous dinner at Greens Restaurant in Fort Mason another awesome vegetarian place - they also have a vertical garden of herbs and veggies which I found intriguing...mmmm maybe a possibility for me to put one here at home??
Of course a visit to San Francisco isn't complete unless you have dined at the yummy vegan restaurant The Millennium Restaurant in Geary Street - that one just topped off the dining experience and ended my stay in San Francisco on a high note.

There you have it - my top picks.  Of course I haven't mentioned the wonderful food my daughter served up, the Farmer's market or the snail hunting we did in the evenings - maybe next time!!    


No comments:

Post a Comment

veggie rules